Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hiking

We just got back from a sabbath hike on the wall hill. It was amazing how a few months of rain every other day or so can make lakes! It was absolutely gorgeous up there! Although it hasn't rained in a few days so we ran into a few dust storms.
While we were on our way down through the village, a few boys were sitting by the road. They must have cued the dog to come up and bark at me. So, I kinda jumped and ran. I was very scared. Those of you who know me know that I love pretty much all animals. The dogs here are different. Here dogs are trained to fight to the death. (We have seen this first hand with our guard dog.) Maybe the dog was just trying to tell me to stay away. I've seen Suzy playing with a dog and seconds later trying to kill it. Those boys sure got a good laugh out of it! I'm glad they thought it was funny. From now on when I go through that part I'll stay extra close to the group! ~Emily

P.S. I'll post pics of the hike later.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKK. That's scary.....

Anonymous said...

Your story about the dogs reminds me of the boonie dogs in Guam. Remember they used to roam in packs and have late-night battles outside our bedroom window. ::shudder::

Have a great day, Emily! I love and miss you!

--Megan